Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd is an authorized dealer for Fuji Xerox in photocopiers, consumables and spare parts. Central to this mission is the company’s commitment to be transparent with you about your personal data we collect and how it is used and shared throughout our solution.
This Privacy Statement describes how Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd collect, store and handle personal information of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. If you use our Services, you consent to this Privacy Statement, including our Cookies Policy.
Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd provide copier rental, sales and services for brand new photocopier. Besides that, we also provide maintenance and repair refurbished photocopier machines.
This Privacy Statement applies to https://www.kimfook.com.my/ web sites, apps, communications and services (“Services”), including visitors to the websites.
If you use our Services after an update to this Privacy Statement, you consent to the changed document. We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to it, we will provide notice through our Services, or by other means (e.g. notice posted on our Facebook page along with the updated Privacy Statement), to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. If you object to any changes, you may close your account. Your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Privacy Statement means that you are consenting to the updated Privacy Statement.
In this Privacy Statement you will understand:
• About Personal Information
• Collects and Processes Data Collected
• Information We Collect
• How We Use Your Data
• Data Disclosure
• Data Security
• Data Retention
• International Transfer of Information Collected
• Your Rights & Obligations
• Protection of Minors
• How to Contact Us
About Personal Information
Personal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
Collects and Processes Data Collected
Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd processes Personal Data both as a Controller and as a Processor, as defined in the PDPA. Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd will be the Controller for “Subscriber” data, meaning Personal Data of the individual that registers for our services and enters into the Service Agreement.
In addition, Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd also controls Personal Data that we collect from our website and outside of our website through other channels. For instance, this includes when you contact us by telephone, email and chat services, respond to our marketing materials, submit physical forms and etc.
For “User” data that is stored or processed in each Subscriber’s Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd account, the respective Subscriber/Customer (potential) will be the Controller in accordance with PDPA, and Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd will be the Processor.
Through Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd services, each Subscriber have full control over the Personal Data that is stored within their account. This Personal Data can include information such as phone numbers and addresses. After Subscribers initiate the services, they may create Users (“User” data) with different privilege levels, including some granted with Administrator rights. At any time, the Subscriber and these Administrators can add to, modify, delete or share the User data. Because this data is user generated, it is the Subscriber’s responsibility to ensure that collection and processing of data is done in accordance with applicable law.
Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd will not process Personal Data for other purposes or by other means than instructed by its Subscribers. Any User who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd Subscriber, the data controller.
Information We Collect
With the purpose to provide you with Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Web & Services and to operate in an efficient and effective manner by providing you with the best service possible, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:
• Contact information such as your name, company name, address, phone number and e-mail address provided when you Communicate with us. This include instances where you register to use our websites, applications or services (including free trials), download Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, respond to any marketing materials we send out or when you contact us for any enquirers, including communication by telephone, email, chat services and social media.
• Upon the purchase of a subscription we also require certain financial information such as credit card information, which we will not have access to as they will be managed by payment providers.
• Information about your computer or device used to access our Services, and about your visits to and use of our websites (including your IP address, geographical location, operating system, browser type, number of visits, average time spent on the site and pages viewed). The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd website and not for any additional purpose, such as to profile users.
• Details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We use this to help ensure our communications are useful for you.
• Personal data provided when you register for our publications such as newsletters, complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, post on our blogs, download information such as white papers or other publications or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website.
• Personal data provided when you commence a business relationship with us such as being our service provider/business partner
• Personal data provided when you lodge a complaint with us
• Personal data provided when you provide feedback to us through websites or other channels
• Other than personal information obtained from you directly, we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
How We Use Your Data
We may collect and use personal data from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes:
• To verify your identity
• To assess and process your application(s) /request(s) for Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services
• To administer and manage Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services we provide you including charging, billing, facilitating payments and collecting debts
• To assess and/or verify credit worthiness
• To detect and prevent fraudulent activity
• To keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
• To engage in business transactions in respect of Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services to be offered and provided to you
• To establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
• To process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
• To notify you about benefits and changes to the features of Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services
• To produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymized or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
• To investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd.
• To conduct our internal marketing and promotional activities. For example, we may use it to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you. You can also unsubscribe from any email marketing using the links provided in the emails we send to you. Please refer to the section below on ‘Your Rights’ to object to processing for marketing purposes.
• To maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
• To comply with legal and regulatory requirement
• For internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd products, services, and customer communications.
• For any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
As a part of providing you with Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services and the management and/or operation of the same, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
• Law enforcement agencies
• Government agencies
• Companies and/or organizations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers (including their subcontractors) and/or professional advisers
• Companies and/or organizations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services that you have requested or subscribed for
• Our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
• Other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
• Subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Nation Success Sdn. Bhd. App, Website & Services
• Strategic partners that work with Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd to provide better products and services, or that help Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd market to customers. For example, when you inquire about Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd solution, Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd may send your email with your personal or non-personal information to Third Parties (Authorized Resellers in specified) for sales follow-ups. Personal information will only be shared by Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd to provide Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd solution and services to you; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. Please note that Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd uses data processors that collect, store and process your data on behalf of Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd The selected processors offer all the appropriate guarantees with regard to technical and organizational security measures regarding the processing of your personal data.
They are used for the following purpose:
• Hosting of our applications or services
• Hosting of our customer relationship management system,
• Enabling payments,
• Enabling user support functionalities, such as website chat rooms,
• Enabling visit and usage analytics
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the Personal Data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls. We use SSL technology to encrypt data during transmission through public internet, to be only accessed by those authorized with special access rights to our systems.
However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your Personal Data has been compromised, please contact us as set forth in the “How to Contact Us” section.
If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our client for as long as needed to provide the Services. We will retain and use this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, maintain accurate financial and other records, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
International Transfer of Information Collected
Our company is based in Malaysia and we use IT and other service providers which are located in multiple countries. Meanwhile, our websites may be hosted in Malaysia and when you send an email to us, this will also be stored on our email servers in Malaysia. Therefore, your information collected by Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd may be stored and processed in the Malaysia , Singapore and China (Hong Kong), or any other country in which Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
For personal data that is subject to Malaysia data protection laws, this means that any information which is submitted by you through the website or the application or service may be transferred to the Malaysia Gov . We may also transfer your information to service providers outside the Malaysia Gov for the purpose of providing our applications, advertising and services to you.
We take steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the Malaysia data protection laws to our service providers and hosting providers, appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
Your Rights & Obligations
Right to Access, Correction, Deletion, Data Portability We can assist you to access, correct or delete your personal information held by us. Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, wish to amend or to delete your information, you may make a request to us by contacting Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd Team with the contact details provided below.
You should quote your name, address and phone/account number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access, correct or delete your personal information within 30 days of receiving your request. We will fulfil your request by sending your copy electronically, unless the request expressly specifies a different method. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
Restriction of Processing, Object to Processing & Withdraw Consent At any time, you may request to place restrictions on processing or object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if it’s otherwise permitted by applicable law. You may at the time of collection and at any later time, oppose the processing of your personal data for the purposes of marketing. Where the processing of your information is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions.
If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us with the contact details provided below. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities.
Incomplete Personal Information
Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application for Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd App, Website & Services. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or provide you with AMIKO DESIGN App, Website & Services.
You are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting the Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd Team via the contact details provided below.
Protection of Minors
As a general rule, children and persons under the age of 18 years should not disclose personal data to us without the consent of their parents or guardians. We do not solicit personal data from children and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children, use said data in any way or disclose said data to third parties without authorization.
How to Contact Us
If you have requests and questions or concerns about Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd Privacy Statement, please contact us at:
Kim Fook Equipment Sdn Bhd
123, Jalan Perisai,
Taman Sri Tebrau,
80050, Johor Bahru, Johor.
Phone No: (607) 334-7173 / +607 331 5202
FAX : +607 332 9688
Email : email@example.com ( Sales / Technical )